Advertiise.com is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers and users. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Advertiise.com will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, Advertiise.com seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
3. Collection:You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States, Canada and/or various online Cloud servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
Email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
Payment, billing and other information you provide to purchase or lease Advertising Space or services;
Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Advertiise.com, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
4. Marketing: We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in your Advertiise.com User Account preferences or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
5. Use: Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
Provide the services and customer support you request;
Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
Send auto-dialed and prerecorded messages regarding transactions and fee collections to the telephone numbers (including wireless and cellular) you have provided us; and
Other uses as described when we collect the information.
6. Registration and sharing through third-party services: We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Advertiise.com. With your permission, Advertiise.com may also transfer to Advertiise.com profile information contained in your third-party profile. Advertiise.com may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites.
7. Disclosure of your information: We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
Members of the Advertiise.com Inc. corporate family, to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support);
To help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies; and
To guide decisions about their products, services and communications.
Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services;
Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and adfiliate and rewards programs;
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Advertiise.com user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation;
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
8. Information you share on Advertiise.com: Your User ID is displayed throughout Advertiise.com (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Advertiise.com activity. Other people can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Advertiise.comactivities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from Advertiise.com, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
9. Using information on Advertiise.com: Advertiise.com enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
Advertiise.com transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
Using services offered through Advertiise.com (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints); or
Other purposes that a user expressly chooses
10. Cookies: We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services;
You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
11. No spam, Spyware or Spoofing: Advertiise.comdoes not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Advertiise.com communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Advertiise.com users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Advertiise.com-related spam or spoof emails to Advertiise.com, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
12. Account Protection: Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Advertiise.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Advertiise.com and change your password.
13. Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information: You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to Advertiise.com. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public listing, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Advertiise.com User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
14. Security: Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and/or various online Cloud servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
17. Contact: If you have any questions, comments or concerns about these Conditions, please contact the Administration Officer by email at email@example.com.